The new and improved PartnerShip.com website recently celebrated its one year anniversary (after being re-designed and re-launched Feb 4, 2013). Now that the cake is gone and the balloons are empty - it's time to focus on making more improvements.
To get updated ratings and input from our customers, we recently polled the many users that log in and use PartnerShip.com tools on a regular basis. Since our customers' time is precious, we threw in the added incentive of a $50 gift card which we randomly awarded to one of the survey respondents. Congratulations to Tammara at Marauder Bookstore for being our lucky winner.
Overall we had a very good response to the survey with a great cross-section of businesses located all across North America. We received some good quantitative and qualitative feedback from the survey which will help us ensure we are making the right adjustments and improvements to PartnerShip.com going forward. Although the survey results are proprietary to our management team, here are a few take-a-ways we can share publicly:
- 52% of the respondents think the website is "Excellent" overall, while another 45% think the website is "Good"
- Additionally, 64% of the respondents are "Extremely Satisfied" with PartnerShip services, while another 32% are "Satisfied"
- The PartnerShip Home page, navigation and resources were viewed favorably by most respondents, while many of our secured Tools received exceptionally high grades
- Most respondents felt the website was simple and easy-to-use, and that being able to quickly obtain rate quotes for multiple carriers and services, and then create the needed shipment documentation, were the highlights
- Ideas for improvements included being able to submit instant pickup requests to carriers online, enhancing tracking details, and adding more shipment history reporting features (I'm happy to report, many of these enhancements are in development as I write this blog post)
The feedback, suggestions and ratings in this most recent website survey will definitely help point us in the right direction - so thank you to those who participated! If you missed out on the survey, feel free to send a note to marketing@PartnerShip.com with your feedback, suggestions, testimonials, or complaints at any time.
Scott G Frederick
Major associations, trade and buying groups, and industry leaders continue to choose PartnerShip when it comes to providing experienced, reliable small package and big freight shipping solutions to their members. In the first quarter of this year, we have - or will have - launched new PartnerShip-managed shipping programs for the following diverse groups:
- Manufacturing association with 500 members in the lubricants and fluids industry
- Worldwide cleaning association with a global community of more than 6,400 distributors, manufacturers, and service contractors
- National association representing 600 professional outdoors companies and suppliers
- National car club with over 60 chapters and 75,000 members
- Regional bar association representing 6,000 legal professionals
- National buying group and small business services provider with 3,000 members
- National association representing 1,000 companies and retailers involved in the arts and creative materials industry
- International trade association that represents the interests of 600 companies in the medical and critical care transport industry
- Northeast buying group representing 300 retailers across 35 states
- Global not-for-profit institution dedicated to fighting the devastating impact and perpetuation of poverty through thousands of donor drives each year
When you choose to build a shipping program through PartnerShip, you count on our 25 years of experience, dedicated program support, turnkey program launches, ongoing marketing, detailed reporting, improved recruiting and retention, and non-dues revenue opportunities.
If you want to learn more about how PartnerShip can help you build a program for your association, trade group or industry segment - click the icon shown to the right to get started.
In less than one week, PartnerShip will be attending one of its biggest trade shows of the year ... CAMEX 2014. CAMEX has a long history of being the collegiate retailing industry's meeting place. For more than 80 years, volunteers and staff of the National Association of College Stores (NACS) have worked together to create and grow this premier industry event. Today CAMEX is the industry's largest trade show and educational event attracting attendees from more than 1,100 college stores and more than 700 exhibiting companies.
Since PartnerShip was originally created by and for the college retail industry 25 years ago, it only makes sense that we play a large part in supporting this annual event every year. 2014 will be no exception as our involvement will include the following activities:
- Sponsoring CAMEX Opening Night, which will include The PartnerShip Texas Shootout Challenge with some fun prizes for all.
- Hosting The PartnerShip 25th Anniversary Customer Appreciation Party at Eddie Dean's Ranch. This invite-only, VIP event will allow us to entertain many of our college customers with an unforgettable evening of food, drinks, live country music, mechanical bull-riding, prizes, and more.
- Exhibiting on the trade show floor with a contemporary coffee-house themed booth. As we did last year, PartnerShip will be treating hundreds of CAMEX attendees and exhibitors to complimentary coffee, lattes, tea, hot chocolate, and cookies while they relax and re-charge from a full-day of activity.
If you're attending CAMEX 2014, be sure to stop by booth #1931 for a beverage and snack, and to help us celebrate our 25th anniversary of serving the college industry. Our booth will look like what you see here below. We'll also have our dedicated Exhibit Transportation Team on hand to help exhibitors with their priority move-in and move-out service as the official shipping provider for NACS and CAMEX; and our senior account representatives will be helping new and existing customers maximize their savings through one of our industry shipping programs. See you in Dallas!
PartnerShip has been serving the needs of small businesses for 25 years. We know the passion that small businesses have for efficiency and success. We share that same passion for shipping. In fact, our "vision" is to be the leading shipping solutions provider to small business.
There’s No Such Thing as a Small Customer
Although we cater to small businesses — in our minds, there is no such thing as a “small customer.” We strive to treat each customer as if they were our only customer. If we succeed at making every customer feel as if they are our only customer, they won’t be our only customer. Small businesses that work with us enjoy the following benefits:
Whether you’re new to shipping or a seasoned professional, we make the online experience easy and quick for small businesses. If you don’t have an account, but you’re ready to ship a freight or tradeshow shipment, use our free quote form to get a quick, no-obligation rate quote on your shipping. Of course, you can always contact us directly if you have any questions or if you’d like personal assistance.
Valentine's Day is tomorrow, so we here at PartnerShip are feeling extra affectionate this week (in a business professional sort of way, of course). So as many of you convey a little love to your spouses, significant others or family members ... we'd like to convey a few things that we really love here at PartnerShip:
- Our Customers ... we really do love all of our customers, big and small, since we wouldn't be here without you! Thank you again for helping us reach our 25th Anniversary milestone this year!
- Small Businesses... although we cater to small businesses – in our minds, there is no such thing as a “small customer.” We strive to treat each customer as if they were our only customer by showing them respect, and helping them save time and money in all facets shipping.
- Freight Shipping ... from less-than-truckloads (LTL) to full truckloads - and everything in between. We have great freight carrier partners (such as UPS Freight, YRC Freight, Con-way Freight, and many others) and we enjoy working with them to provide great service and rates to our customers.
- Small Package Shipping ... when it comes to shipping small packages through express, parcel, and ground services - whether B2B or home delivery - we know how to help our customers save money. And we love the fact that we have a great alliance in place which helps our small business customers save on select FedEx® services.
- Tradeshow Shipping ... having been founded by a non-profit association ourselves, we know how important tradeshows can be for associations, their members, and the suppliers that exhibit at them. With a quarter-century of tradeshow experience, we've learned a thing or two - including how to help exhibitors enjoy a successful, stress-free show by providing the industry's only Tradeshow Assurance Guarantee™ on every shipment.
There you have it. Five (5) things we love here at PartnerShip. Although we could name many more things that we love, we'll stop there so that you have some time to show a little love to that someone special yourself. Have a Happy Valentine's Day!
This post concludes our “Top Lists of 2013" ... and what better way to end than by sharing some of our favorite posts from last year! Although we always strive to bring our readers relevant content, designed to inform, educate, and entertain, we went through our previous year of posting and picked some stand-outs.
Below, in order of date, are some of our favorite posts from 2013 for your first reading - or repeat reading - pleasure:
- The 'Golden Rule' for 3PL Customer Service - “I stumbled upon an article today written a while back by John Rodeheffer of Inbound Logistics. The article is titled "Does Your 3PL Provide 'Golden Rule' Customer Service?" It caught my eye because PartnerShip, being somewhat of a 3PL ourselves, aspires to provide excellent service to our customer’s day in and day out.”
- The Future of Membership Dues for Associations - “Steven Hacker (CAE and former president of IAEE) asks the question: Should the traditional membership-dues model be altered? He cites a few examples of where the National Education Association has lost 100,000 members since 2010; the American Psychological Association has lost 7.6% of its members since 2010; and the American Medical Association now represents only 17% of physicians in the United States.”
- The New PartnerShip.com Website is Now Live! - “The new PartnerShip.com website offers quick and easy access to company information, services, tools, and resources. Customers or prospective customers can obtain free, no-obligation rate quotes for their LTL freight, tradeshow, or specialized shipments from anywhere on the site."
- 4 Ideas to Reduce Shipping Costs - “Shipping is an important cost factor for any small business that ships or receives materials or merchandise. It is often possible to reduce these costs with a little planning and effort.”
- A 3PL Marketer's Take on “Shipping Your Pants” - “K-Mart launched an incredibly popular campaign-gone-viral advertisement encouraging customers to “Ship their Pants.” While I don’t feel the commercial is especially creative in terms of content, the low-brow humor is undeniable.”
- What You Need to Know About Shipping Internationally - “Going global with your business is a great opportunity for growth. Whether you’ve already taken your business overseas or have just started to dip your toes in the international waters, simplifying your shipping is essential for keeping your business afloat.”
- Best practices for shipping your freight - before, during, and after
- Before Shipping Your Freight - “As a small business, we know your time is valuable and your resources can be stretched. The good news is that partnering with a 3PL can save you significantly when it comes to money and time spent on shipping for your business”
What to do While Your Freight is in Transit
- “Your shipment has been picked up … now what? While there isn’t much for you to do now that your freight is out the door, there are a few actions you can take to keep an eye on your shipment and speed up the process for next time.”
- How Commercial Trucking Changed the World (Guest Blog Post)- “The commercial trucking industry revolutionized the transportation of products when it arrived on the scene. Before trucks were used for transport, America’s goods were shipped via railroads. However, trucks would soon prove to be faster and more efficient.”
- How to Effectively Offer Free Shipping - “As a consumer, free shipping is great – who doesn’t love free? But as a small business trying to find your place in the wide world of e-commerce, it can be a little intimidating.”
- Shipping Best Practices for Online Retailers - “Shipping is a very important component of the online sale process and a key part to your ecommerce success.”
That’s it - our favorites of 2013! If you haven't already done so, subscribe to our blog by clicking the below button to ensure you don’t miss another post in 2014. If you come across some favorite posts of your own, let us know which one(s) and why in the comments section below. Thank you for reading and following PartnerShip!
We attend dozens of trade shows every year to spread the good word about PartnerShip and the savings and shipping solutions we provide. While each trade show we attend has its own merits, we decided to take a closer look at a few of our favorites from 2013:
- The Winter and Summer Fancy Food Shows - Held in San Francisco and New York City respectively, these Specialty Food Association managed shows offer specialty food businesses a chance to sample newest trends, products, and training in their industry. The show features 1,300 exhibitors representing the latest in specialty foods and beverages from across the U.S. and 35 countries and regions. As exhibitors at both, we are very active at these shows and we even received some video testimonials about our services in New York.
- Summer and Winter NAMM – A music lover’s dream, the NAMM shows bring together some of the most fascinating and talented businesses in the music industry to Anaheim (Winter NAMM) and Nashville (Summer NAMM) each year. Both NAMM shows do a great job of providing a platform for their exhibitors to build their brand, show their products, and reach their customers. Again, we had a chance to attend and get a first-hand video account of customers who are very satisfied with the shipping services through PartnerShip.
- CAMEX – Managed and organized by the National Association of College Stores (NACS), the non-profit association that owns PartnerShip, CAMEX is the quintessential show for college retailers and suppliers. Every year PartnerShip is an active participant at CAMEX, from our large booth presence, to the various happy hours and parties we sponsor. CAMEX 2013 was held in Kansas City where a winter storm threatened to put a damper on the show for exhibitors, but PartnerShip came to the rescue!
- ASTRA Marketplace & Academy - Located in Nashville in 2013, the show is a great place for retailers in the toy industry to network and explore the newest toys and products. The ASTRA Marketplace & Academy attracts owners, managers, and sales representatives from retail stores that sell or specialize in toys, children’s books, hobby supplies, and more.
- 58th MSA Retail Conference and Expo - As the only event designed specifically for buyers at cultural institutions, the event took place in beautiful Los Angeles, California. Along with providing a great networking opportunity, the conference provides attendees with educational programming on current industry topics and trends.
- NATM Convention & Trade Show – Held in Charleston, SC, this show supports the association’s mission to unify the light- and medium-duty trailer manufacturing industry by offering educational tools and workshops to their members. NATM, the association that manages the show, constantly strives to improve trailer safety and performance, address regulatory issues, and improve the image of the industry. Main attractions of the show are their numerous educational workshops covering a wide range of topics including compliance, trailer parts, customer service, and social media.
- ASAE Annual Meeting & Exposition – A trade show by and for association professionals, this show was held in Atlanta, GA. The 2013 ASAE Annual Meeting & Exposition offered ways to help association executives transform ideas into solutions with more than 120 innovative learning sessions. Take a look at the ASAE YouTube page for a closer look at the event.
With 2013 behind us, the good news is that we won’t have to wait long for another chance to rub shoulders with industry experts, exhibitors, and attendees at these and other world class shows in 2014. We hope to see you at one of the shows above - or maybe at one of the dozens of others we attend and support throughouth the year.
Check back tomorrow for our Top PartnerShip Blog Posts of 2013
Associations are continually bringing value to their membership through various channels. Blogs have emerged as a real-time, informational tool to get insights, important news, and just plain fun articles to readers. We’ve read a lot of great association blogs in the past year, and here are some of our favorites.
In no particular order, below are some top association blogs of 2013:
- Speaking of Precision by the Precision Machined Products Association (PMPA) - This blog gets to the root of member needs and tailors their content to serve as a steady flow of important, useful articles.
- StoneDimensions by the Marble Institute of America (MIA) – While only being in use since July 2013, StoneDimension has a ‘rock-solid’ reputation for hard hitting news.
- The NAPL/NAQP Blog by the National Association for Printing Leadership (NAPL) & the National Association of Quick Printers (NAQP) – Everything their membership could want in a clean, easy to read format.
- All Voices by InfoComm International – As an international trade association of professional audiovisual and information communications industries, this blog is penned by a group of industry experts.
- NATMTRAILERS by the National Association of Trailer Manufacturers (NATM) – A blog that promotes awareness and provides a voice for their membership.
- NBAA Flight Plan by the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) – Not a traditional blog, but a series of podcasts that features aviation news and information for members constantly ‘taking off’.
- On Display by the Museum Store Association (MSA) – This blog knows what readers are looking for – quick hitting tips, packed with knowledge!
- Practically Speaking about Retail FM by the Professional Retail Store Maintenance Association (PRSM) – Education, information, event info, and much more - all tailored to North America’s facility maintenance focused retailers and suppliers.
- SMEI Blog by the Sales & Marketing Executives International (SMEI) – Posts ranging from content curation, to sales performance initiatives, and everything in-between. This blog covers something that all businesses take an interest in.
- APSS Executive Director’s Blog by the Association of Publishers for Special Sales (APSS) – A steady stream of news, tips, and insights from the Executive Director himself!
Thank you to all the above blogs and the other great ones that may have been left out here. As bloggers ourselves, we appreciate the high standards you set and hope you’ve enjoyed our posts as much as we’ve enjoyed yours!
Check back tomorrow for the Top Trade Shows of 2013
At PartnerShip, we understand that in addition to significant savings on shipping, it’s important to offer customers straight-forward, easy-to-use, and useful tools to help with day-to-day tasks. This is why we take great pride in our web tools and services, and we’re constantly working to improve and roll out new money-saving options!
Below is a quick review of some of the highlights from 2013:
- Website Launch – PartnerShip did a complete overhaul of our website this year and every upgrade in functionality or new service on this list is a direct result of this overarching improvement.
- Guaranteed Carrier Options – Customers of PartnerShip now have the ability to quote guaranteed carrier options on PartnerShip.com.
- Shipping Supplies – Offering low prices and the ability to order low quantities of shipping supplies you use every day.
- PartnerShip Referral Program – If you enjoy working with PartnerShip, we provide the opportunity to refer another business and earn money for that referral!
- Inbound Shipping Analysis – Saving on your inbound shipping is one of the easiest and most effective ways to positively impact your bottom line. Let our experts analize your current shipping habits and save you money on any shipments you may receive from suppliers.
- Live Chat – Being available to help our customers at a moments notice is of the upmost importance to us. Our new Live Chat feature better connects us to you.
- Find a Freight Class – Freight class can be one of the more tricky nuances of freight shipping. That’s why we instituted this useful tool to help alleviate any confusion.
- Employee Directory – Meet the team working for you and put a face to the name.
- Regional Team Map – Like the employee directory, the regional map allows you to put a face to the name/voice you’ve been working with. But it also allows you to see the entire team dedicated specifically to the part of the country you operate out of.
- Social Media Additions – PartnerShip has been utilizing social media for some time, but recently we’ve delved into new platforms to showcase our company and interact with you. New channels include: Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, Tumblr, Vimeo, and even Yelp!
If you haven’t yet used or taken a look at any of the above items, be sure to check them out. We can’t wait to dive into 2014 with a whole new list of enhancements, services, and tools to make your life easier and save your business money!
Check back tomorrow for our Top Association Blogs of 2013
PartnerShip LLC is a leading shipping solutions provider to small- and medium-size businesses across North America, and we're celebrating our 25th anniversary this year! Founded in 1989, today PartnerShip develops and manages full-service shipping programs for over a hundred industry groups, representing thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada.
PartnerShip was originally founded by the non-profit National Association of College Stores to help college retailers across the country save on their textbook shipping. The program expanded to include additional shipping services, such as general merchandise shipping, inbound shipping management, routing coordination, and consolidated invoicing. Due to the success of the program within the college industry, the concept was eventually expanded to other associations groups, the first of which included the American Booksellers Association and the National Association of Sporting Goods, but then followed by numerous others.
Building on the hallmarks of simple, worry-free shipping, outstanding savings, and exemplary customer service, the company enjoyed rapid growth from 2007 to 2012 in which it tripled in size and expanded operations to two new locations: One in northeast Ohio and the other in southern California. Leveraging its trade association expertise, and forging alliances with national, reputable carriers, such as FedEx, UPS Freight, YRC Freight, and Con-way Freight, the company was able to expand into dozens of new industries to help thousands of more businesses with their shipping.
Today, PartnerShip offers a wide range of shipping services including:
- Less-than-truckload (LTL) freight shipping
- Truckload, expedited and international freight shipping
- Small package (express and ground) shipping
- Exhibit shipping for trade shows and events
- Inbound/vendor shipping management
- Easy-to-use online freight management tools
- Storage, moving, packing, and crating services
- Discounted shipping supplies, and more
John Finucane, president and chief operating officer for PartnerShip, has been with the company for virtually its entire existence. John says the company has been fortunate to attract and retain high-caliber, dedicated people over the years. “Today, we have a staff of nearly 50 professionals that work hard to help our customers with all facets of shipping and logistics, each and every day,” said John. “Although we cater to small businesses, in our minds, there is no such thing as a small customer." John went on to add, “We’re very proud of reaching this quarter-century milestone ... and in a very competitive and rapidly changing industry, we’re looking forward to what the next 25 years will bring.”
The company officially kicks off its 25th anniversary celebration with a special, grass-roots exhibition and customer-appreciation event at CAMEX 2014, the college industry’s largest trade show and educational event. If you're a PartnerShip customer, carrier, or employee - or simply a fan - be on the lookout for additional news, promotions, videos, and other fun stuff throughout 2014 as we celebrate this milestone event in our company's history. But most importantly, thank you for your support of our great company!